On October 13, Ho Chi Minh City hosted the workshop “Towards a Global Approach to Water Issues: Management, Monitoring and Treatment” organized by the Embassy in Hanoi and the Consulate General in HCMC.
We contributed to the workshop with a talk on “Modelling and managing the water, energy and food nexus in a changing Vietnam” showing the results of the IMRR project on the Red River basin (the slides are available HERE).
Congrats to Simona Denaro who successfully defended her PhD dissertation today about “Conflict Mitigation in Water Resources Systems by Informed Data-Driven Control and Financial Hedging Tools”
Today, three NRM students are going to defense their master thesis:
- Giulia Marchetti – Overall grain size mapping from Sentinel 2 images (A. Castelletti, S. Bizzi, B. Belletti, P. Carbonneau from Durham University)
- Mattia Lanzani & Antonio Pecoraro – Balancing hydropower producing and fluvial connectivity in optimal large scale dam siting on the Mekong river (A. Castelletti, S. Bizzi, R. Schmitt, M. Kondolf from Berkeley University)
On Friday, April 28, five NRM students are going to defense their master thesis:
- Martina Morlacchi – Unsupervised automatic detection of post meter leakage in residential settings (A. Castelletti, A. Cominola, M. Giuliani)
- Sofia Rossi – A vulnerability analysis of the Red River basin, Vietnam, under co-varying climate and socio-economic changes (A. Castelletti, M. Giuliani, P. Reed from Cornell University)
- Chiara Samale – Improving seasonal forecast of hydroclimatic variables through the state of large-scale climate signals (A. Castelletti, M. Giuliani, P. Block from University of Wisconsin Madison)
- Marika Squeri – Assessing the skill of seasonal meteorological forecast products for predicting droughts and water scarcity in highly regulated basins (A. Castelletti, M. Giuliani, M. Pulido-Velazquez from Universitat Politecnica de Valencia)
- Marta Zaniolo – Design and application of drought indexes in highly regulated Mediterranean water systems (A. Castelletti, M. Giuliani, M. Pulido-Velazquez from Universitat Politecnica de Valencia)